Coworking offices are becoming a mainstream option for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and even big businesses in Delhi NCR. These spaces provide all types of facilities for the employees. With the rapid growth of office spaces, there’s a rise in population, which leads to an increase in crime rates.
Women should feel safe in such circumstances when they are at work, but it’s not just about being protected from physical harm—it’s also about making sure we have the right resources for dealing with mental health issues and other issues that can be triggered by stress.
Women’s safety is an important issue for us all. We need to take action and speak out against sexual harassment and violence. The coworking spaces in Delhi NCR provide a safe environment for women and make sure they have a good experience at work.
The pointers below are crucial to building a safe working atmosphere in offices:
Women are often afraid to speak up because they think it will make them seem weak or less than competent. This is not true!
If you have a question, don’t be afraid to ask for help. You may feel like no one will listen to what you have to say, but remember there are always people who will listen and help you out.
When someone offers advice or assistance in your workplace, take it! It’s good for both parties involved. It shows that there is support among coworkers who want everyone on the team to do well at their job.
The most important thing to remember is that women should be treated equally. They should have the same rights as men, and they should not be discriminated against in any way. Women should have equal rights, so they can make decisions for themselves without anyone else’s permission or influence.
We also need to treat our female colleagues with respect, whether they’re older than us or younger than us, because they’ve also been through a lot of hard work just like us. So, yea bringing change is pretty important in a workplace.
Any type of harassment physical, mental or sexual is a violation of human rights, torture, and inhuman treatment in the workplace.
- Sexual Harassment is any unwanted sexual advances, requests, or other communications that demean, degrade, or humiliate someone because of their gender.
- It includes comments about a person’s clothes or body
- Making comments about someone’s sexual orientation.
- Making vulgar jokes about sex.
- Inappropriate touching such as patting on the backside without consent.
- Staring at someone excessively while they are working etc.
Raise your voice if you have been through any type of harassment in your workplace or seen someone getting harassed by other employees.
Policy for Women Safety in Workplace
The importance of women’s safety in the workplace has been widely recognized and supported by many organizations, including the United Nations. In December 2016. The UN General Assembly passed a resolution calling on governments around the world to promote gender equality and women’s rights within all institutions of society.
The resolution also urges member states to adopt laws that protect women from violence as well as provide them with equal opportunities for education, employment, and participation in public life.
In 2013 Indian Govt implement the ‘Prevention Prohibition and Redressal Act’ also known as the sexual harassment of women in the workplace act. It’s regulated by the Internals Complaint Committee (ICC) to ensure women’s safety.
Security Measures in Coworking Spaces
In addition to the resolution, there are several other steps that can be taken by employers in coworking spaces in Gurgaon to ensure women’s safety:
- Ensure that all employees receive regular training about how best to handle situations where there may be potential threats against them (e.g., sexual harassment).
- Make sure that all employees know where they can go if they need assistance at any time during work hours—including after hours or during holidays—and what constitutes inappropriate behavior toward others (e.g., offensive jokes).
- Create awareness among the employees through education and awareness programs.
- If you rent a coworking space you can enable 24 hours CCTV surveillance and security that automatically build a safe workspace.
- The office doors are protected with card swipes in locks that help keep track of the employees.
Women’s safety is very important and the top priority in shared office spaces in Gurgaon. It is our responsibility as a society to make sure that every woman in this world gets equal rights and feels safe. So, that they can live their life and work without any fear or stress of being harassed and discriminated against their gender.